Monday, September 3, 2007

this morning

This morning K and I were visited by a pair of Jehovah's witnesses.

I didn't want to just say, Sorry, I'm busy, go away.

I asked one of them, the older lady, how she first decided to become a Jehovah's witness.
She explained that she used to be anti-religion, but then she married a pilot in the US air force and they had 3 sons. She was not too keen on having her sons whisked away from her by being drafted to fight, and her sister was a Jehovah's witness.

Before I stopped going to church, I cried because I was so thirsty for the Truth, to know why I was living here on Earth and what I was supposed to do, and how I could find true meaning in my life. One of my JDSNs at that time shared the story of why she was such a devout Christian: she told me about how, on her deathbed, her grandmother (whom she was quite attached to) made her promise to follow Jesus.

I don't have anything against Jehovah's witnesses or Christians. Obviously, different people are motivated by different things. But I think if you ask anyone for an honest answer, nobody will say they don't want to be healthy, happy, and peaceful. That's what Ilchi Lee focuses on-- creating health, happiness, and peace through maximizing use of the brain. Who would disagree with that? It's like wearing shoes or clothes, or even like eating. It's something everybody can agree on.

I simply don't see how religion can solve the problems of the Earth. It hasn't for a very, very long time now...

If people are really serious about saving our planet and saving humanity, we need to take a different route. And we don't have much time. I remember feeling as a child that the weather was becoming increasingly abnormal. I could feel it deep within my being. That there was something wrong with the Earth, and that it was being caused by people.

That's what I decided to focus my life on--on making it possible for everyone in the world to be healthy, happy, and peaceful by learning to manage their brains, and also by helping to elevate the level of consciousness so that we can preserve our natural environment.

No comments: