Sunday, December 2, 2007

oh i forgot to mention the other day...

it was my birthday on the 29th (of november, yes) and i got a call from Umma that my grandfather passed away. i don't think i'm going to be able to make it to the funeral...

it's kinda strange, but i've never seen a real live dead person. or, as some strongly-computerworld-oriented people might put it, in RL. see, sometimes i r0xx0rs. or something like that. well anyway, somehow it just.. um.. doesn't really feel real to me, i guess. so i don't feel particularly sad.

my grandparents on my father's side died before i was born, so i guess this is kinda the first 'death in the family' for me. i had a cousin who was killed in a car crash a few years back, but as a cousin i think he was several times removed (or something like that-- he was my mother's sister's husband's sibling's son, i think). but i only heard about that, too.

anyway. i think i'm just about ready for a windfall. i'm braced for the avalanche of good news coming my way~ :o)

No comments: