Friday, November 30, 2007

So, is it good, bad, or ugly?

Hey, look what I found:

"Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Taking Dahn Down


'If the hard-hitting reporting keeps hitting this hard, Dahn Yoga is going to be 'circulating' right back to Korea and straight up the ass of Ilchee Lee, the mega-monster fraudster who started it all.Nice try with the college recruitment "Body and Brain" clubs, though.'


'Dahn Yoga is a money grab and destructive cult. It's as clear as a summer morning in New Mexico. I'm only reporting what others have found.With regards to my activity, folks need to begin to understand that self-realization does not make anyone any more special or more divine. Gurus use the myths about self-realization to prop themselves up on a pedestal that does nothing but foster ignorance rather than promote clarity. If I'm to take any karmic hits for that, it will still be worth it.' "

So this is from the blog of someone who apparently claims to be "revealing self-aggrandizement and superstition in self-realization since 2005." Personally, I find it quite distasteful. It's like.. would you really want to be with this kind of person? It's so interesting how people's writing reveals so much about how they are. When I read stuff by Dale Carnegie, I think, here's a man I would love to associate with! And obviously I'm not the only one who has that kind of reaction; I mean, he's sold millions of copies of his books. His words fill me with hope and lift up my spirits, and also I keep noticing again and again how he basically says the same things Ilchi Lee says. If Dale Carnegie were alive today, he and Ilchi Lee would have made great friends. Carnegie is amazing when it comes to finding specific examples that demonstrate the point he wants to make--Ilchi Lee is also very good at that, but he didn't spend most of his life immersed in Western culture. And Ilchi Lee would have provided all the huge audiences with the best practices they could have hoped for to apply the principles they both expounded.

Anyway, I think I'll just let the blogger speak for himself. Herself? I can't tell; I think the name is Jody but Jody could be a man or a woman.

I think I should write to Mr. Ducey.. He's the reporter who did that so-called news clip on ABC15 about Dahn Yoga. I'm going to hold on to the hope that he has a decent sense of values. I could point out all the flaws of the report, yadda yadda yadda.. but it makes me think of one person whom I deeply respect who is by far more articulate and eloquent that I am, and I discovered on this other yoga website that she argued very strongly on behalf of Dahn Yoga, and there were people who still insisted on being negative with absolutely no basis.
So it's like... why would I waste my time? But with Mr. Ducey--it's still possible for him to come across as a decent human being. So far.

So anyway, as a person who has engaged in this practice for years and benefitted immensely from it, I'm simply outraged.. but I want to find the best way to communicate. Because I really do feel compassion for all my fellow human beings, and that's one of the things best exemplified by Ilchi Lee. And that's just one of the reasons I choose him as my spiritual guide.

No comments: